A common dysfunctionality of the endometrium is referred to as endometriosis. In this condition, the tissue is found to be outside of the uterus. Though naturally, the endometrium is the inner lining of the uterus. The disorder is known to cause severe pain or cramps in the lower abdomen. This is precise during the time of your periods. Endometriosis can intervene with natural conceiving, as well. Once your period has ended, this tissue layer sheds off as well. However, the blood from the tissue is unable to flow out of the body. And thus, the surrounding regions develop inflammation and swollen up. Also, lesions and scarring of the tissue layer are developed. Endometriosis is most abundantly experienced in the ovaries.
Causes and Symptoms
Even today, the researchers have not been able to figure out the reason behind endometriosis spreading to the other body parts. Endometriosis is a genetic disorder, which is inherited. Women who have shorter menstrual cycles are prone to endometriosis. Even the women who experience flow longer than usual are more likely suffering from endometriosis. Also, women who have their menstrual cycle shorter than 25 days may have endometriosis.
The exact endometriosis causes have not been outlined yet. But, some possible explanations for the situation could be:
- Any problem in the flow of the menstrual blood can be a cause. If the blood enters the pelvis or fallopian tube, it can cause issues.
- The growth of the embryonic cells
- Even developing fetuses sometimes show signs of endometriosis
- C-section or hysterectomy may lead to endometriosis
- Genetic inheritance is one of the most common factors
- Estrogen hormone stimulated the endometriosis
- Extrauterine endometrial tissues may not get destructed due to immunity issues
- The transport of endometrial cells is often done through the lymphatic system
Generally, endometriosis shows no signs and symptoms. However, some of the faint endometriosis symptoms could be:
- Cramps in the abdomen or pain in the back while menstruating
- Menstrual cramps get severe
- Bowel movements are generally painful and so is urination
- Sex is painful
- Facing challenges while conceiving
- Period lasting more than seven days
- Vomiting and nausea
- Bleeding and spotting between periods
One of the most common indications of the disorder is abdominal cramps. However, we cannot correlate the extent of the disease with the severity of pain. Postmenopause, you will get relief from the abdominal pain. In some cases, even pregnancy ceases the symptoms.
Complications and Risk Factors
The complications associated with endometriosis include:
- More than 50-percent of the affected women are infertile
- The risk for ovarian cancer is increased
- Sometimes endometriosis advances towards adenocarcinoma
- Cysts in the ovary known as an endometrial cyst
- Severe inflammation
- Adhesion development and tissue scar endometriosis
- Complications in the bladder and the intestine as well
To avoid any future complications, you must see the doctor as soon as possible. Do not ignore the symptoms that may show up at an early stage.
Generally, endometrioma causes severe period cramps. That is often followed by heavy bleeding. The inflammation of the uterine walls can be reduced. This can be done with the help of some home remedies. Some of these home remedies for endometriosis pain include:
- Treatment with heat: You can take a warm bath. Make use of some heating pads for the abdominal cramps. The pelvic muscles tend to relax with heat treatment.
- Massage of the pelvic muscles: Menstrual pain tends to provide relief by the massage of the pelvic muscles. The back, abdomen, and sides could be massaged during periods.
- OTC relievers: Some of the over-the-counter painkillers can help with the pain. Medicines containing acetaminophen, naproxen, or ibuprofen shall be helpful.
- Intake of Turmeric: Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. It inhabits the estradiol hormone. This prevents the growth of the endometrial wall.
- Resting adequately: During your periods, you must take extra rest than usual. Lie on your side and pull the knees closer to your chest. This will help in getting relief from pain.
One of the most extreme treatments for the disease could be endometriosis surgery.
Naturopathy Treatment for Endometriosis
Performing yoga and exercises can work effectively against endometriosis. Exercising helps in the releasing of the endorphin hormones. These hormones help in the reduction of pain. Also, the level of estrogen is lowered when you exercise.
You need to take good care of your dieting habits. Your overall health can be improved if you stop consuming red meat. Instead, opt for fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain food items.
Physicians make use of detoxification methods to get rid of chemicals from the body. The toxic byproducts from the body are removed by the eliminating organs from the body. This method helps in dealing with endometriosis, as well.
It is one of the best methods for treating endometriosis. Even drugs cannot cure what acupuncture can. The researchers suggest that acupuncture can be more effective than hormone drug therapy. It helps in alleviating menstrual pain effectively.
Physiotherapy helps in managing the pain of ovarian endometrioma effectively. For managing women’s health, many physiotherapists are budding, recently. With effective physiotherapy sessions, women will now get relief from painful period cramps.
Partial or Full Massage:
As mentioned above, massaging of the pelvic muscles alleviates pain. For endometriosis pain, partial massage of the pelvic muscles can impart relief. Women who take regular massages experience less pain.
Read more about Benefits of Full Body Massage Therapy.
Endometriosis is a typical condition of the endometrial tissue of the uterus. Due to this condition, women experience severe cramps during their periods. The proper endometriosis diagnosis has not yet been discovered. But, in recent times, doctors are opting for endometriosis biopsy. The disease can be effectively prevented if detected early. Also, by adopting home remedies and naturopathy treatment, endometriosis can be combated. Make sure not to ignore any signs and symptoms from initial endometriosis stages. And visit your doctor without any further delay.
Opt Holistic Ways to Treat Endometriosis with the Touch of Arogyadhama Expertise!
At Arogyadhama, we believe that the solution to any health disease is in nature. And through the naturopathic treatment, we take up the challenges in healing people effectively.
Endometriosis is one such condition that we deal with at Arogyadhama.
For getting help in natural ways book an appointment with us today. We work towards reducing the endometrial thickness.
That will cause you lesser pain and help you get relief. You can rest assured that when you leave Arogyadhama, the symptoms of your disease would be reduced by 90 percent or more!