Having that long unbearable back pain?? Medication does not seem to have many effects on them and you do not want to struggle with it anymore? Then physiotherapy is your answer.
Our body is an abled system that is connected to tip-to-toe with various functions. What works for one part of the body might not be a feasible option for another. The basic function of physiotherapy is restoration, maintenance, and promotion of overall well-being.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physical therapy or physiotherapy strives to heal illnesses or injuries that do not allow a person to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physiotherapy uses a person’s medical history and physical examination to arrive at diagnosis about the pain. Then a pain management plan and relevant exercise activities are designed to reduce the pain. Physical therapy is often one of the best choices you can make when you have long-term pain.
How Does Physical Therapy Help manage Pain?
Physical therapy is good not only in treating pain, but also its source. It will look for regions of defect or stiffness that may be adding tension to the places that hurt. Then it will treat those areas with specific exercises to ease pain and help move better.
What does a PhysicalTherapy session consist of?
A physiotherapy session consists of multiple activities that are specifically designed to heal an injury or relieve chronic pain. They may include a combination of several activities.
- Low-impact aerobic training workouts might make you breathless but still takes it easy on your joints.
- Strengthening exercises will use machines, resistance bands, or your own bodyweight to work on your core muscles as well as other parts of your body.
- Pain relief exercises target areas where you have pain, so you’re stronger and more flexible.
- Stretching will be gentle, and help your muscles to relax and become more flexible.
- Heat and ice packs. Ice calms inflammation. The heat warms up your muscles so they move better. Both help with the pain.
Physical Therapy for pain management at home!!
Physical therapy is one of the best choices you can make when you have long-term pain (also called chronic pain) or an injury. It can make you stronger and help you move and feel better. In this article, here is a list of few physiotherapy exercises for some common pains.
1- Simple Physiotherapy exercise for Wrist pain at Home –
Wrists are complex joints with many bones, muscular attachments, and nerves that travel through the area.
To improve or maintain strength in your wrists, a proper exercise program is necessary. Here are the simple exercises you can do at home.
- Wrist extension and flexion improve wrist flexibility.
- Palm turning exercise increases blood circulation
- Opening and closing fist increases the strength of fingers
- Wrist stretch relaxes the wrist muscles and nerves.
- Palm press increases the strength.
2- Simple Physiotherapy Exercises for Knee Pain at home-
Are your knees causing you significant pain? Is it difficult for you to walk and do the activities you love?
Knee pain exercises after an injury retain your joints from stiffening. This makes the movement easier and reduces pain. Here is a set of some basic physiotherapy exercises that will provide some relief to that constant pricking knee pain.
- Quadriceps Stretch improve flexibility and reduce muscle tightness and pain
- Hamstring Stretch improve posture, increase flexibility, and prevent lower back pain
- Kick Backs Exercise helps to tone, tighten and strengthen your buttocks
- Calf Raise Exercise Ankle Strength and Stability and Lower Body Performance
- Wall Squats strengthen weak muscles
3- Physiotherapy exercises for shoulder pain at home
Our shoulders have the strength and flexibility to reach, lift, hold, carry, press and pull. With all these activities, we are bound to have some extent of shoulder discomfort. If shoulder pain is left untreated, it can become a chronic problem that can inhibit everyday activities.
- Pendulum exercise warms up the shoulder, improves mobility and helps restore range of motion.
- Arm across the chest increase flexibility and range of motion of the shoulder joint, the posterior and deltoid muscle
- Neck release more blood pumping throughout the body, including in the upper back and neck
- Chest expansion increases respiratory muscle length, ventilation, and oxygenation along with increased circulation.
10 Reasons why Physiotherapy is beneficial:
- Reduce or eliminate pain through therapeutic exercises and manual therapy techniques. It also restores muscle and joint function to reduce pain.
- Physical Therapy helps you eliminate pain or heal from an injury, so that surgery may not be needed.
- Improves mobility if you’re having trouble standing, walking or moving—no matter your age—physical therapy can help.
- Physiotherapy helps strengthen weakened parts of the body and improves gait and balance in the case of strokes.
- Physical therapists understand how different sports can increase your risk for specific types of injuries such as stress fractures for distance runners. They help them heal faster from those injuries and prevent further ones.
- When you begin physical therapy, you will get screened for fall risk and help improve your body balance.
- As part of an overall diabetes management plan, exercise can help effectively control blood sugar.
- Physical therapists help provide and educate the patients on proper foot care to prevent further problems down the road.
- Physical therapists help patients recover from joint replacement, and manage arthritic or osteoporotic conditions conservatively.
- Manage heart and lung disease with Physical therapy. It improves the quality of life through strengthening, conditioning and breathing exercises, and help patients clear fluid in the lungs.
- Women’s Health and other conditions can be managed with Physical therapy. It offers specialized management of issues like overweight, lower back pain, etc related to women’s health.
Pain management can become tough due to a lack of physical activity. However, chronic pains make an everyday task look like an achievement. In these cases, physiotherapy is your best option. Physical therapy aims at healing illnesses and injuries through a series of well-designed exercises and activities. The exercise routine of a person is designed after a careful examination of his medical history and physical condition to get the best routine for the most result-oriented output. Physiotherapy exercises are feasible for people in all age groups and suffering from any kind of pain. It will help you achieve relief from any kind of injury, surgery and chronic pains making it the best naturopathy approach for pain management.
Lets Apply Principles of Holistic Practice of Medicines & Find Better Quality Life with The Help of Arogyadhama Expertise!
We at Arogyadhama emerged with noble solutions to health care seekers through Preventive, Educative and Curative activities through the principles of the holistic practice of medicine. With our core expertise in multiple approaches, helping mankind for a better quality life. Book an Appointment Today, so that our Experts Can Offer Better Solutions using the Holistic Practice of Medicine.