Looking out for a professional massage? Or thinking of massage therapy at home?? Or does your google history read- “full body massage near me?” Well, you may have a number of questions before you make that appointment.
You might be worried whether the massage is good for your aching body or anxious that it might hurt. Or you’re praying it will mend a backache you’ve had for years. To help put you to ease regarding all your doubts on massage, here is an in-depth analysis of massage, it’s types and benefits.
WHAT IS MASSAGE…???
Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues in our body. Massage techniques are commonly applied with hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearms, feet, or a device. The purpose of massage is for the treatment of body stress or pain.
It is aimed and providing you a sense of relaxation and rejuvenation. Massages on a regular basis have curative effects. They are sometimes the answer to a body pain that has been bothering you for years.
What type of massage should I get?
Your body’s fairly good at letting you know it needs a massage.If only it could also tell you what massage therapy types it wanted. Luckily, we’re here to help you understand the many different styles and benefits of massage so you can book the best one of your choice.
Swedish massage is a therapeutic massage administered by trained therapists. They use a variety of manipulations to give a curative effect for a particular condition. It is the conventional type of massage offered in most clinics, gyms, massage spas, and wellness centers.
Using lotion or ayurvedic oil, massage therapists typically begin with broad general strokes and then transition to specific strokes to address problematic regions. It can help release muscle knots, and when you want to fully relax during a massage.
Swedish massage will last for 60–90 minutes.
Benefits of Swedish Massage:
- Relaxation pain-back pain, neck pain
- Good for people new to massage.
- Ease superficial tension.
- Boost circulation throughout the body.
Deep tissue massage is a centered, therapeutic massage that targets muscle knots. It also concentrates on specific problem areas in the more profound layers of muscle and connective tissue.
Using careful, slow strokes or friction across the of the muscle, the therapist directs at chronic tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or injuries. The pressure of deep tissue is generally more concentrated than that of a Swedish massage. However, it does not have to be painful to be effective.
Deep tissue massage lasts for 60–90 minutes.
Benefits of Deep-Tissue Massage
- A good option to release muscle tension or chronic pain.
- Relieve tension in the deeper layers of muscle tissue and fascia.
- Improve the range of motion.
A form of Japanese bodywork, shiatsu includes localized pressure using the therapist’s fingers, applied in a rhythmic flow along the body. Each point is pressed for about two to eight seconds. The goal of shiatsu is to stimulate acupressure points on the body to improve the flow of energy and help regain balance. It is used to reduce stress and protect against stress-related health issues.
Shiatsu massages typically last for 60–90 minutes.
Benefits of Shiatsu Massage
- Help increase energy.
- Promote recovery from injuries
- Stimulate the digestive system
- Helps to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
- Relieve headache
- Reduces muscle tension
- Treating conditions like arthritis, insomnia, back and neck pain, sciatica, and sinus problems
Like getting your feet worked on? The therapist uses finger pressure and methods such as kneading and rubbing to encourage relaxation with a foot massage. Reflexology is based on “reflex areas” on the hands and feet, whose energy is connected to organs and other body parts. This can be a thoroughly relaxing therapy, especially if you stand all day or have tired, achy feet.
A reflexology massage lasts for 30–60 minutes.
Benefits of Foot Reflexology:
- Focuses on pressure points in your feet, hands, and ears.
- Help correct imbalances throughout the body.
- It relieves tension that comes by wearing high heels or being on your feet all day.
Salt Glow Massage
An exfoliating salt scrub massages remove dead skin cells which can otherwise become hard. When left untreated, dead cells make the skin stiff and crusty. Exfoliation eliminates dry, flaky, dead skin and reveals the supple soft skin below. The pores are also left unclogged of dirt and bacteria.
The procedure includes a whole body scrub with salt scrub followed by a short steam bath and again whole body massage with olive oil massage. Salt has anti-bacterial qualities and prevents itchiness.
Benefits of Salt Glow Massage:
- Encourages the circulation of blood.
- Gives the skin an attractive and rosy glow.
Powder massage refers to height and upward strokes amid rub. An ayurvedic massage expert can perform better for this kind of massage with special techniques. The rubbing during massage goes in the opposite direction as compared to conventional massage.
The primary aim is to remove toxins through the skin. However, ayurvedic doctors mainly recommend it for reducing excess cellulite and fat accumulated under the skin.
Benefits of Powder Massage:
- Detoxify the body.
- Body fat is condensed and rejected.
- The lymphatic toxins are reduced.
- Circulation of blood is improved and the rejuvenation effect is created in the body.
Hot Stone Massage
The therapist places warmed stones on certain areas of the body, most precisely acupressure points. The stones are used as massage tools or be temporarily left in place. Used along with other massage techniques, hot stones can be quite soothing and relaxing as they transmit heat deep into the body.
The ideation behind hot massage therapy is that the direct heat of the stones relaxes muscles. It allows the therapist access to the body’s deeper muscle layers. The hot stones also expand blood vessels, encouraging blood flow throughout the body.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage:
- Relief from the pain of fibromyalgia, arthritis, and other chronic conditions
- Minimizes pain and muscle spasms
- Diminishes chronic stress and tension
- Enhances flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Alleviates pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
Can massage help with Medical Conditions?
Massage has a variety of health benefits, from lowering blood pressure to easing migraines. Research has proved that massage help relieves pain for patients with chronic body pain and body health. Massage also helps lower stress, which enhances your overall health.
However, If you have a serious medical condition, you should consult with your doctor first. Massages help to relieve stress from the body, physically, mentally and psychologically.
Treat yourself to the numerous benefits of massage therapy with rejuvenating massage therapy today.
Common Massage Therapy Benefits:
- Massage is great for areas like lower back pain and chronic stiffness.
- It improves blood circulation which has a number of positive effects on the rest of your body, including anxiety and depression.
- Eliminate Toxins Stimulating the soft tissues of your body will help to release toxins through your blood and lymphatic systems.
- Improve Flexibility reduced fatigue and pain management!
- Reduce Stress levels which help to manage or reduce the symptoms y Massage will loosen and relax your muscles, helping your body to achieve its full range of movement potential.
- It will encourage relaxation and boost your mood. Going to bed with relaxed and loosened muscles promotes more restful sleep, and you’ll feel less tired in the morning!
- The stimulation of the lymph nodes re-charges the body’s natural defense system.
- Massage is known to boost mood and promote better quality sleep thus making you feel more rested and less worn-out at the end of the day.
- It Alleviates Depression and Anxiety and helps to release endorphins in your body, helping you to feel happy, energized, and at ease.
- Reduce post-surgery and post-injury swelling. A professional massage is a great way to safely deal with a sports injury or post-surgery rehabilitation.
Massage is one of the most relaxing and rejuvenating processes a person can undergo. It improves the essence of your mind and body. The techniques used by the therapists will allow the oil and pressure to seep through the layers of skin and release the stress underneath.
A relaxing massage session will help you to improve your physical body, overall health and mental capabilities in finishing a task. It is advisable for anyone to take massage sessions to improve their health and body flexibility and relaxation.
Massages are relaxing as well as therapeutic!!! However, getting it from the right experts will give you the necessary results.
Arohyadhama wellness has an array of fantastic massage therapists who are well experienced in the art of massage.
They expertise in providing you with an experience that will allow you to feel rejuvenated for days.
Visit Arogyadhama Wellness today for a rejuvenating session of massage therapy at the most affordable prices.